Balancing style and performance, Redmi 6 Pro is all set to recapture the budget market, fighting against the likes of Nokia and Honor. Priced at Rs. 10,590, Redmi 6 Pro comes with the confidence of Redmi 6 series and a bump in its specifications.
Redmi 6 Pro is an accomplished set. It has decent performance, capable cameras, and a massive battery that can chug on for two whole days. Even though the camera is a bit mediocre, it can still click decent photos, making the phone a capable all-rounder.
Banking on the success of Redmi 6, Redmi 6 Pro arrives with some tempting specifications. It has a few pros and cons:
- The phone has a beautiful display which produces sharp colours and bright tones.
- The performance of this phone is excellent. App switching is fun and smooth and graphic-intensive games in low-setting run well.
- The phone comes with a massive battery that can keep chugging for two days.
- The phone has a thick chin which cannot offer an immersive experience.
- The Redmi 6 Pro does not have good viewing angles.
- The cameras on this phone are quite weak.
The Redmi 6 Pro is a well-rounded phone. While it may not have the best specifications, it is adequate for the price that it comes in. Overall, for Redmi fans, it can be a decent low-cost acquisition.
Redmi 6 Pro comes with substance, style, and capable specifications that make it a decent all-rounder in a low-cost bracket.
The Redmi 6 Pro sports a 5.84-inch display. It is a notched display with a high resolution of 1,080 x 2,280 pixels. It comes with a new 19:9 aspect ratio. The colours appear excellent and accurate with the right tones. The display is quite bright too, though it a struggle in direct sunlight. Viewing angles are moderate, given that in extreme angles, a bluish tone is created. The phone allows you to adjust the white balance and enter into Reading Mode for ebooks. While video content is ok, the round edges of the phone can make your content viewing experience less immersive.
The Redmi 6 Pro looks similar to Redmi Note 5 Pro, coming with a plastic build. However, the back is made out of cold single plate metal. The edges are curved, making it easy to sit in your hand and manageable for one-hand use. However, the large battery can make it feel weighty. The camera also bumps out a little bit though it is not uncomfortable. The only thing that looks shabby on this phone is the thick chin at the bottom.
The phone sports an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset which is paired with an Adreno 506 GPU. The 8 A53 cores are clocked at 2GHz. It is the same chipset as the Redmi Y2. Casual games like Alto’s Adventure can run well on this phone, but it can stutter mildly. Games like PUBG can run well, but it has to be in minimal settings to get a playable framerate. The phone has enough power to run multiple apps without entering into slowdown mode. Even the RAM management of this phone is excellent, making app switching smooth.
The Redmi 6 Pro arrives with a dual-camera setup with 12 MP primary camera and a supportive 5 MP camera fit in a vertical module. The Daylight shots are quite good – the subjects are focussed well. But the colours are not always accurate. You will require steady hands because the shutter speed can reduce at times. AI processing, however, is quite good. The low-light shots turn out to be disappointing. The HDR mode is aggressive and can make the image turn out artificial. Little detail is captured in low-light settings.
The Redmi 6 Pro arrives with a 5MP AI-integrated selfie camera. The selfie camera does not have a front flash. It can produce social-media decent shots during the day, but in low-light, it falters.
Video shooting is maxed out at Full HD resolution at 30fps. There is Electronic Image Stabilization, so you can get steady footage. However, panning can result in a drop in frame rates.
The Redmi 6 Pro does come with a massive 4,000 mAh battery. While this might put it ahead of its competitors, and can keep up with the two-day claim that Xiaomi puts in – that is only for moderate use. Intensive use can drain the battery a lot – for example, running an hour of PUBG with Wi-Fi on can take 22% of it. However, moderate use like watching videos, emails, social media, and phone calls can easily make it go for two days. Charging is a bit slow and can take the phone 2 hours to get to 100%. Battery tests found that it could last for about 12 hours and 27 minutes, which is decent enough.
The Redmi 6 Pro is a well-rounded phone with suitable processing, amazing battery, and a decent display. It does fall flat in the camera section, but it is in no way terrible. The phone can offer a stellar competition to its competitor, ZenFone Max Pro M1. If you are looking for a performance-based phone, then ZenFone Max Pro M1 gets you a better Snapdragon processor. However, display-wise, Redmi 6 Pro easily beats ZenFone Max Pro M1.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.35 inches
- Height5.88 inches
- Weight178 g
- ColorBlack, Blue, Gold (Global)
- BuildGlass front (Gorilla Glass), aluminum back, plastic frame
- Width2.82 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.84 inches
- Pixel Density432 ppi
- Display Resolution1080 x 2280 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19:09
- Screen to Body Ratio79.50%
- CPUOcta-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset GPQualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 (14 nm)
- GPUAdreno 506
- OSAndroid 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie) MIUI 10 Android One
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4 GB RAM or 32 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Dual Camera12 MP, f/2.2, 1.25 m5 MP, f/2.2, 1.12 m, depth sensor
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps (gyro-EIS)
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera5 MP, f/2.0
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity4000 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 10W
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USBmicroUSB 2.0
- RadioFM radio (after SW update to Android 9.0)
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, July
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, July
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Xiaomi Redmi 6 pro
- Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!Sun, 20 Sep'20We all have grown up playing racing games all our life and these games are still very popular which is why these racing games are evergreen and everyone loves them. With smartphones becoming more and more powerful in recent times with highly powerful processors and GPUs, gaming on smartphones is much more fun than ever. And racing games being favorite of all here we list out the Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
- Phone batteries may appear small in size, but they hold a lot of toxic chemicals that are hazardous to the environment and health. They can harm the soil in which they are buried and can even pollute the air. Disposing of them in the correct ways is a necessity, and here we discuss the best way to dispose of your smartphone’s battery, the Right way.
- The mid-range segment of smartphones was very limited until recent times and was mostly filled with offerings form Chinese manufacturers and other small companies. Until recent times there was no real competitor in the mid-range segment that was worth our suggestion, however, this has taken a massive turn in recent years with Google releasing a cheaper version of their Pixel flagship smartphone and Apple releasing a similar offering at a budget price. In the year 2020, we now have at least 3 major competitors – the Google Pixel 4a, iPhone SE, and the OnePlus Nord. Here’s how they compete against each other.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.7spec scoreSony Xperia 10Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreXiaomi Mi Mix 2₹18,000Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreXiaomi Mi A1₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSony Xperia 10 PlusAdd to compare
- 7spec scoreLG Q8Add to compare
- 7.1spec scoreLG Q7₹9,990Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Note 5₹7,698Add to compare
- 8spec scoreXiaomi Mi Mix 2SAdd to compare
- 7.2spec scoreLG Q Stylus₹15,899Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9i₹8,299Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F17₹17,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSamsung Galaxy M51₹24,999Add to compare