Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Redmi 9 Prime: Complete Comparison
Xiaomi has now added the Redmi 9 to their already huge lineup of devices. The Redmi 9 Prime is another value for money product that is a bit superior to the Redmi 9 in terms of specifications. However, we compared the specifications and prices of both the devices to make it easier for you to decide which is good for you.
Highlights of the Story
- The Redmi 9 will be powered by the MediaTek Helio G35
- The device will have a dual-camera setup
- Redmi 9 will go on sale from August 31
- The smartphone is a tweaked version of the Redmi 9C
The Xiaomi Redmi 9 features a 6.53-inch HD+ dot-view display with a 20:9 aspect ratio. On the other hand, the Redmi 9 Prime comes with a 6.53-inch FHD+ display with a 19:5:9 ratio. The dual-sim smartphone runs on Android 10 OS along with MIUI 12 right out of the box. However, the Redmi 9 Prime has the MIUI 11. In fact, the Redmi 9 is the company’s first offering that comes with MIUI 12 pre-loaded.
Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Redmi 9 Prime: Processor And Performance
Additionally, the Redmi 9 is powered by the MediaTek Helio G35 SoC coupled with 4GB of RAM. On the other hand, the Redmi 9 Prime is powered by the Helio G80. Furthermore, both the devices come in two storage options. There is a 64GB and a 128GB variant available for the devices. Also, the internal storage can be further expanded up to 512GB through a dedicated microSD slot.
However, users can expect to see a better performance on the Redmi 9 Prime because of the MediaTek Helio G80. The chipset is superior to the G35 and has a much better ability to provide with a smooth experience. Whether it is multitasking or gaming, the G80 can handle anything that is thrown at it. The G35 is not so optimized in a lot of scenarios which can cause stutters and micro-lags. Furthermore, if you are a gamer, the Redmi 9 Prime is the way to go.
Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Redmi 9 Prime: Optics And Battery
When it comes to the cameras, the XiaomiRedmi 9 has a dual camera setup. There is a 13-megapixel primary sensor along with a 2-megapixel secondary depth sensor. This is different from the Redmi 9c which has a triple camera setup at the back. However, there is something very bizarre going on in Redmi 9’s camera module. There is a third camera which is actually a decoy. Rather, it is just empty. Anyway, we also get to see a 5-megapixel selfie shooter at the front.
The Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime provides a quad camera setup as opposed to the triple camera setup in the Redmi 9. The 9 Prime has a 13-megapixel primary sensor, an 8-megapixel secondary ultra-wide-angle sensor, a 5-megapixel macro sensor and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. The 9 Prime also provides with a better front camera of 9-megapixel.
Also read: Redmi 9 Prime: True Budget Beast?
To add to this, the phone also has a fingerprint scanner at the back. When it comes to connectivity options, both the phones have WiFi, Bluetooth v5.0, 4G LTE, GPS/A-GPS and a 3.5mm headphone jack as well. However, the difference lies in the USB port. While the Redmi 9 has a Micro-USB port, the 9 Prime has a USB Type-C. The Redmi 9 also lacks the trademark IR blaster of MI phone which the 9 Prime comes with.
Also read: iPhone 12 Launch Could Be Delayed To October
Furthermore, the Redmi 9 is fueled by a 5,000 mAh battery along with a 10W fast charger provided in the box itself while the 9 Prime comes with a 5,020 mAh battery along with 18W fast charging.
Price and Availability
The price of the 4GB/64GB variant of the Redmi 9 has been set at Rs 8,999 while the 128GB storage variant is priced at Rs 9,999. The phone will be available in three color options which are Carbon Black, Sky Blue and Sporty Orange. The Redmi 9 will go on sale through Amazon and Mi Store. The first sale of the device will begin at 12 noon on August 31 in the e-commerce platforms. Furthermore, the device will also be made available via offline and MI Home stores across the country.
In contrast to this, the Redmi 9 Prime at Rs 9,999 for the 64GB storage variant and Rs 11,999 for the 128GB one. The phone is available in the same color options as the Redmi 9. The Redmi 9 Prime went on its first sale on August 6. The next sale is on the 31st of August as well.
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.