Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Redmi 9 Prime: Complete Comparison
Xiaomi has now added the Redmi 9 to their already huge lineup of devices. The Redmi 9 Prime is another value for money product that is a bit superior to the Redmi 9 in terms of specifications. However, we compared the specifications and prices of both the devices to make it easier for you to decide which is good for you.
Highlights of the Story
- The Redmi 9 will be powered by the MediaTek Helio G35
- The device will have a dual-camera setup
- Redmi 9 will go on sale from August 31
- The smartphone is a tweaked version of the Redmi 9C
The Xiaomi Redmi 9 features a 6.53-inch HD+ dot-view display with a 20:9 aspect ratio. On the other hand, the Redmi 9 Prime comes with a 6.53-inch FHD+ display with a 19:5:9 ratio. The dual-sim smartphone runs on Android 10 OS along with MIUI 12 right out of the box. However, the Redmi 9 Prime has the MIUI 11. In fact, the Redmi 9 is the company’s first offering that comes with MIUI 12 pre-loaded.
Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Redmi 9 Prime: Processor And Performance
Additionally, the Redmi 9 is powered by the MediaTek Helio G35 SoC coupled with 4GB of RAM. On the other hand, the Redmi 9 Prime is powered by the Helio G80. Furthermore, both the devices come in two storage options. There is a 64GB and a 128GB variant available for the devices. Also, the internal storage can be further expanded up to 512GB through a dedicated microSD slot.
However, users can expect to see a better performance on the Redmi 9 Prime because of the MediaTek Helio G80. The chipset is superior to the G35 and has a much better ability to provide with a smooth experience. Whether it is multitasking or gaming, the G80 can handle anything that is thrown at it. The G35 is not so optimized in a lot of scenarios which can cause stutters and micro-lags. Furthermore, if you are a gamer, the Redmi 9 Prime is the way to go.
Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Redmi 9 Prime: Optics And Battery
When it comes to the cameras, the XiaomiRedmi 9 has a dual camera setup. There is a 13-megapixel primary sensor along with a 2-megapixel secondary depth sensor. This is different from the Redmi 9c which has a triple camera setup at the back. However, there is something very bizarre going on in Redmi 9’s camera module. There is a third camera which is actually a decoy. Rather, it is just empty. Anyway, we also get to see a 5-megapixel selfie shooter at the front.
The Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime provides a quad camera setup as opposed to the triple camera setup in the Redmi 9. The 9 Prime has a 13-megapixel primary sensor, an 8-megapixel secondary ultra-wide-angle sensor, a 5-megapixel macro sensor and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. The 9 Prime also provides with a better front camera of 9-megapixel.
Also read: Redmi 9 Prime: True Budget Beast?
To add to this, the phone also has a fingerprint scanner at the back. When it comes to connectivity options, both the phones have WiFi, Bluetooth v5.0, 4G LTE, GPS/A-GPS and a 3.5mm headphone jack as well. However, the difference lies in the USB port. While the Redmi 9 has a Micro-USB port, the 9 Prime has a USB Type-C. The Redmi 9 also lacks the trademark IR blaster of MI phone which the 9 Prime comes with.
Also read: iPhone 12 Launch Could Be Delayed To October
Furthermore, the Redmi 9 is fueled by a 5,000 mAh battery along with a 10W fast charger provided in the box itself while the 9 Prime comes with a 5,020 mAh battery along with 18W fast charging.
Price and Availability
The price of the 4GB/64GB variant of the Redmi 9 has been set at Rs 8,999 while the 128GB storage variant is priced at Rs 9,999. The phone will be available in three color options which are Carbon Black, Sky Blue and Sporty Orange. The Redmi 9 will go on sale through Amazon and Mi Store. The first sale of the device will begin at 12 noon on August 31 in the e-commerce platforms. Furthermore, the device will also be made available via offline and MI Home stores across the country.
In contrast to this, the Redmi 9 Prime at Rs 9,999 for the 64GB storage variant and Rs 11,999 for the 128GB one. The phone is available in the same color options as the Redmi 9. The Redmi 9 Prime went on its first sale on August 6. The next sale is on the 31st of August as well.
The price differences of the two products are quite minimal going by the differences in specifications. The Redmi 9 Prime is a clear winner as per our observations. Be it the specifications or the price that the device comes in, it is quite unbeatable. However, if someone is a little too tight on the budget, the Redmi 9 is not a bad option to go for at all. In fact, it is quite a decent smartphone too with good specifications if not compared with the Redmi 9 Prime.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…