Aarogya Setu App To Become Mandatory For New Phones
You can download the Aarogya Setu application via the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store, depending on the OS you are using.
Highlights of the Story
- Newly purchased devices would now be required to register on the application before proceeding with the setup process.
- The government has not made an official statement regarding the matter.
- Coronavirus has claimed over 1,000 lives with more than 31,000 people affected in the country so far.
Indian government’s coronavirus tracking app ‘Aarogya Setu’ became public recently. The applications aimed to better inform its citizens about CoVID-19, latest health and safety tips thereby encouraging social distancing.
A report has come into sight recently which claims that the Aarogya Setu application may come installed by default on new smartphones. The user will also be required to mandatorily register on the app to start using the phone.
The report read that the government of India will proceed to form nodal agencies which will communicate well with smartphone companies. This agency would be required to have the app installed on all new devices. This move would be aimed at making the Aarogya Setu app an inbuilt feature on all new smartphones.
Equipment manufacturers would thus be required to add software-based restrictions which would keep users out of their phones unless they register on the Aarogya Setu during the initial process of smartphone setup.
This sounds ironic as companies are struggling with almost zero-sales amidst the lockdown and due to disruptions in the supply chain, companies are forced to pause the manufacturing process.
Not only this, the centre has ordered all its employees to start using the Aarogya Setu mobile application. The employees will be allowed to come to office only if the application shows safe status for commuting. This, as per the government, would help break the chain of coronavirus.
Aarogya Setu means “health bridge” in Sanskrit and surprisingly, the app has managed to gather over 75 million installations in the country (according to the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology). This is possibly due to the fact that the government is encouraging citizens to download the App voluntarily to protect themselves from coronavirus.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.