E-challans issued for violation of traffic laws can now be paid online. The Indian government has digitised the entire procedure as part of its e-governance measures, so you don’t have to line to pay traffic challans. You can also track the status of your e challan and challenge it online if there is a mistake, in addition to payment of fines. Read the article below and find out how to pay traffic challan online and check the status of your challan.
How to Pay Traffic Challan Online
If you break traffic laws, you may be issued an e-challan, which you must pay either online or offline. To pay your e-challan online, follow these instructions.
- Go to https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/index/accused-challan to make the traffic challan payment online.
- Enter the challan number, then the Captcha Code, in the Challan Details area. You may also search up the e-challan using the vehicle number and the DL (driving licence) number.
- To continue and pay for the e-challan online, click on ‘Get Details.’
- UPI apps like G Pay and Paytm, as well as Internet banking and debit cards, can be used to make the payment.
- After payment, you will receive a confirmation and the ticket will be closed.
How to Check Challan Status Online
The status of the traffic e challan can be checked online using the URL received on your registered mobile number through SMS. Apart from that, you can also:
- Go to the official government website https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/.
- Click on the ‘Check online services’ option.
- From the drop-down menu, select ‘Check Challan Status.’
- After that, enter your e challan number and the Captcha code. You can also verify the status of a challan by using the DL and RC numbers.
- Choose ‘Get Details’.
The last issued e challan’s details, as well as payment information, will appear at the bottom of the page.