iPhone 12 Mini vs iPhone SE: Is The Price Bump Worth It? iPhone 12 Mini First Impressions
Should you buy the new iPhone 12 Mini or get the cheaper iPhone SE (2020) instead? Here’s what you need to know.
Highlights of the Story
- Apple introduced a new variant this year: iPhone 12 Mini.
- The new iPhones come with steep price tags, better features, and even offer 5G support.
- They are both small-screen sized smartphones.
During this year’s Apple event, the company unveiled four new phones in their lineup. The newest among them is the iPhone 12 Mini. This new variant is the smallest flagship smartphone in the market. However, at the same time, Apple also offers another compact variant in its lineup.
iPhone SE 2020 is quite similar to last year’s iPhone11 in terms of components design. In addition, its design similar to iPhone8. However, both phones are priced differently but they target the same people who want small-screen-sized smartphones.
Let us see how they compare the two iPhones on the basis of design, specs, and price.
There is a striking difference between the two compact smartphones. It holds a major difference in terms of its display. iPhoneSE (2020) has a 4.7″ LCD Retina HD IPS display with a home button and massive top and bottom bezels.
On the other hand, Mini offers an OLED screen with a bigger 5.4″ panel Super Retina display, which supports 1080×2340 pixels and 1200nits max brightness. Another difference lies in the way you unlock the phones. Mini uses FaceID, whereas the iPhone SE gets a traditional Touch ID. Both FaceID and Touch ID have pros and cons but FaceID is more secure.
Also Read: MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G Chipset Launched
Moreover, the flagship iPhone 12 Mini is powered by an A14 Bionic chipset. The iPhoneSE 2020, on the other hand, packs an A13 Bionic chipset. Apple announced the 5nm A14 together with the iPad Air 4 on September 15. It is tipped that it is better in every way than the 7nm A13 Bionic that’s in the iPhone11.
In terms of camera, the iPhone 12 Mini has a better set of cameras. The device has two cameras at the back, which includes a 12-MP wide-angle sensor with an f/1.6 aperture. Comparatively, the iPhoneSE (2020) has the same wide-angle camera but has an f/1.8 aperture. But it only has one 7-MP camera at the rear.
Also Read: iPad Mini 6 Specifications Leak Online
The iPhone 12 Mini price in India starts from Rs 69,900, which is for the 64GB storage model. The 128GB variant will cost you Rs 74,900, while the 256GB model is priced at Rs 84,900. The iPhone SE 2020, on the other hand, comes with a price tag of Rs 34,999 in India.
Is the Price Bump worth it?
In terms of specs, the iPhone 12 Mini does offer a lot of new features. However, this does not mean that SE 2020 is not offering you lesser experience. Consumers who want a compact smartphone, and cannot afford the high price tag on the new phone should go for the latter.
iPhone 12 Mini is the best option for users who want a compact experience and can afford the price.
Also read: Repair Offers
- If you’re looking for a smartphone that stands out visually and has excellent performance, then the Nothing Phone 1 design is distinctive, and the device features are impressive, with a sharp display. The first thing people will observe on this phone is its lights on the backside. And next will be how it works, how…
- We’ll compare the features of the OnePlus 10 Pro Vs OnePlus 9RT, where the OnePlus 9RT has a 6.62-inch display and is driven by Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G. The OnePlus 10 Pro, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 and introduced three months later, were put side by side in this comparison. You may learn…
- The Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9RT can both be compared here. You may contrast the statistics and distinctive features of Nothing Phone 1 with the OnePlus 9RT 5G. This article might clarify how the OnePlus 9RT 5G and Nothing Phone 1 compare and which one you should pick. However, the price difference between the OnePlus…
- This article will compare the Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9 RT dedicated speed test. Both of these phones come within the same price range. However, the processors in both phones are different. Nothing Phone 1 is powered by the upper mid-range Snapdragon Qualcomm 778G+ chipset, whereas the OnePlus 9 RT comes with the Snapdragon…
- We’ll compare the speeds of the Nothing Phone 1 Vs Samsung S20 FE smartphones. Both phones are in the same range in terms of pricing. Additionally, the Nothing Phone 1 debuted recently, and the Samsung S20 FE was introduced two years ago. Furthermore, we’ll discuss the speed test between these two smartphones in this post,…