iPhone 12 Mini vs iPhone SE: Is The Price Bump Worth It? iPhone 12 Mini First Impressions
Should you buy the new iPhone 12 Mini or get the cheaper iPhone SE (2020) instead? Here’s what you need to know.
Highlights of the Story
- Apple introduced a new variant this year: iPhone 12 Mini.
- The new iPhones come with steep price tags, better features, and even offer 5G support.
- They are both small-screen sized smartphones.
During this year’s Apple event, the company unveiled four new phones in their lineup. The newest among them is the iPhone 12 Mini. This new variant is the smallest flagship smartphone in the market. However, at the same time, Apple also offers another compact variant in its lineup.
iPhone SE 2020 is quite similar to last year’s iPhone11 in terms of components design. In addition, its design similar to iPhone8. However, both phones are priced differently but they target the same people who want small-screen-sized smartphones.
Let us see how they compare the two iPhones on the basis of design, specs, and price.
There is a striking difference between the two compact smartphones. It holds a major difference in terms of its display. iPhoneSE (2020) has a 4.7″ LCD Retina HD IPS display with a home button and massive top and bottom bezels.
On the other hand, Mini offers an OLED screen with a bigger 5.4″ panel Super Retina display, which supports 1080×2340 pixels and 1200nits max brightness. Another difference lies in the way you unlock the phones. Mini uses FaceID, whereas the iPhone SE gets a traditional Touch ID. Both FaceID and Touch ID have pros and cons but FaceID is more secure.
Also Read: MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G Chipset Launched
Moreover, the flagship iPhone 12 Mini is powered by an A14 Bionic chipset. The iPhoneSE 2020, on the other hand, packs an A13 Bionic chipset. Apple announced the 5nm A14 together with the iPad Air 4 on September 15. It is tipped that it is better in every way than the 7nm A13 Bionic that’s in the iPhone11.
In terms of camera, the iPhone 12 Mini has a better set of cameras. The device has two cameras at the back, which includes a 12-MP wide-angle sensor with an f/1.6 aperture. Comparatively, the iPhoneSE (2020) has the same wide-angle camera but has an f/1.8 aperture. But it only has one 7-MP camera at the rear.
Also Read: iPad Mini 6 Specifications Leak Online
The iPhone 12 Mini price in India starts from Rs 69,900, which is for the 64GB storage model. The 128GB variant will cost you Rs 74,900, while the 256GB model is priced at Rs 84,900. The iPhone SE 2020, on the other hand, comes with a price tag of Rs 34,999 in India.
Is the Price Bump worth it?
In terms of specs, the iPhone 12 Mini does offer a lot of new features. However, this does not mean that SE 2020 is not offering you lesser experience. Consumers who want a compact smartphone, and cannot afford the high price tag on the new phone should go for the latter.
iPhone 12 Mini is the best option for users who want a compact experience and can afford the price.
Also read: Repair Offers
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…
- I have a quick question for you. How much are you willing to spend on your next Bluetooth speaker? If you are going to answer above Rs.5000, then maybe you don’t have to spend that much. Because today we are reviewing Sony’s all-new SRS-XB13 Bluetooth speaker, which is priced at Rs.3,990 and could very well…
- Today, we will be talking about the iQOO Z3 camera which is one of the best performing cameras under the Rs. 20,000 segment. We will be first discussing the camera specifications of the phone: Camera Specifications iQOO Z3 comes with a triple rear camera setup with a 64MP primary camera, 8MP ultra wide angle lens…
- There have been so many new smartphone launches in recent days. This is the reason smartphone buyers may usually get confused while buying a phone. The under Rs. 20,000 price segment has so many phones that choosing a single smartphone has become very difficult. However, we have a new launch in this price segment which…
- This article will let you know every little detail about iQOO Z3 which may not have been clear earlier. This article will clear all your doubts related to iQOO Z3 and in case you are planning to purchase the iQOO Z3, this article will answer all your questions. Today, we will be answering 25 FAQ…