iPhone 12 Mini vs iPhone SE: Is The Price Bump Worth It? iPhone 12 Mini First Impressions
Should you buy the new iPhone 12 Mini or get the cheaper iPhone SE (2020) instead? Here’s what you need to know.
Highlights of the Story
- Apple introduced a new variant this year: iPhone 12 Mini.
- The new iPhones come with steep price tags, better features, and even offer 5G support.
- They are both small-screen sized smartphones.
During this year’s Apple event, the company unveiled four new phones in their lineup. The newest among them is the iPhone 12 Mini. This new variant is the smallest flagship smartphone in the market. However, at the same time, Apple also offers another compact variant in its lineup.
iPhone SE 2020 is quite similar to last year’s iPhone11 in terms of components design. In addition, its design similar to iPhone8. However, both phones are priced differently but they target the same people who want small-screen-sized smartphones.
Let us see how they compare the two iPhones on the basis of design, specs, and price.
There is a striking difference between the two compact smartphones. It holds a major difference in terms of its display. iPhoneSE (2020) has a 4.7″ LCD Retina HD IPS display with a home button and massive top and bottom bezels.
On the other hand, Mini offers an OLED screen with a bigger 5.4″ panel Super Retina display, which supports 1080×2340 pixels and 1200nits max brightness. Another difference lies in the way you unlock the phones. Mini uses FaceID, whereas the iPhone SE gets a traditional Touch ID. Both FaceID and Touch ID have pros and cons but FaceID is more secure.
Also Read: MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G Chipset Launched
Moreover, the flagship iPhone 12 Mini is powered by an A14 Bionic chipset. The iPhoneSE 2020, on the other hand, packs an A13 Bionic chipset. Apple announced the 5nm A14 together with the iPad Air 4 on September 15. It is tipped that it is better in every way than the 7nm A13 Bionic that’s in the iPhone11.
In terms of camera, the iPhone 12 Mini has a better set of cameras. The device has two cameras at the back, which includes a 12-MP wide-angle sensor with an f/1.6 aperture. Comparatively, the iPhoneSE (2020) has the same wide-angle camera but has an f/1.8 aperture. But it only has one 7-MP camera at the rear.
Also Read: iPad Mini 6 Specifications Leak Online
The iPhone 12 Mini price in India starts from Rs 69,900, which is for the 64GB storage model. The 128GB variant will cost you Rs 74,900, while the 256GB model is priced at Rs 84,900. The iPhone SE 2020, on the other hand, comes with a price tag of Rs 34,999 in India.
Is the Price Bump worth it?
In terms of specs, the iPhone 12 Mini does offer a lot of new features. However, this does not mean that SE 2020 is not offering you lesser experience. Consumers who want a compact smartphone, and cannot afford the high price tag on the new phone should go for the latter.
iPhone 12 Mini is the best option for users who want a compact experience and can afford the price.
Also read: Repair Offers
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
- iPhone 12 vs iPhone 11 Pro full comparison and which one should you buy if you an 80000 budget.
- Here is a list of the top Android games of 2020 with the best graphics.
- There are a lot of features that we can easily find out just by scrolling down on our iPhone. But along with them, there are some of the features that are highly useful but hidden inside the roots of our iPhone, not known by many. Surprisingly, iOS 14 opens up the door to get in…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Vivo V20 definitely stands out in the design front. It offers a sleek, light weight design which definitely has a premium feel to it
- OPPO F17 Pro stands out on the design front. From its slim and compact form factor to the dual-tone matte-finished back panel, it is a gorgeous-looking phone.
- iPhone 12 Pro is a worthy upgrade with a new boxy design and A14 Bionic chipset, plus a slight upgrade in the camera.
- Poco X3 brings in some nice upgrades over the Poco X2 but it might feel bulky in hands.