Xiaomi Mi Box 4K Launched In India At Rs. 3,499, Has 4K Support And HDR 10
Xiaomi’s Mi Box 4K faces the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K directly in the market.
Highlights of the Story
- The Mi Box 4K launch price in India is 3,499 in India.
- It will go on sale from 11th Mayon Flipkart, Xiaomi’s official website, and offline stores.
- It gets 4K and HDR 10 support.
Xiaomi Mi Box 4K
Xiaomi, with a 32 percent market share in Q4 2019, has dominated the TV segment in India with its affordable Smart TV line-up. And diversifying its TV portfolio, Xiaomi has introduced Mi Box 4K set-top box in India, which aims to compete with other rivals in the market such as the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K and the Google Chromecast.
The Mi Box gets 4K output and HDR 10 support, thereby checking the most required boxes that you could wish in any online streaming device. Apart from this, it also gets Dolby Audio and DTS out-of-the-box and all these features get powered by a 64-bit processor which gets a clock speed up to 2.0GHz. Other aspects of the spec-sheet include a Mali-450 GPU (clocked at 750MHz) paired with 2GB of RAM and 8GB of eMMC storage. There is also an in-built data saver to get you up to date with our current usage and keep a check on data while streaming.
Also Read: Top Music Streaming Apps For iOS And Android
The Mi Box 4K runs on Android TV 9.0 out-of-the-box therefore you get built-in Chromecast. Some pre-installed applications include Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, and YouTube but you can always jump to the Google Play Store to explore more. There is also a dedicated Google Assistant button on the remote for voice control and for accessing your smart home devices.
For connectivity, there are USB 2.0, HDMI 2.0a and audio output ports sitting beside the power input on the rear. The audio output would allow you to connect external audio devices such as home theatre or woofers to this set-top box. Presence of Bluetooth 4.1 and WiFi 802.11ac is quite impressive.
Buyers can purchase the Xiaomi Mi Box 4K at Rs. 3,499 from 11th May on Flipkart, Xiaomi’s official website, and offline stores. By the first impressions, it definitely is a worthy competitor if you are for looking an online media streaming device for your TV in the market in India.
Xiaomi Mi Box 4K review
The Xiaomi Mi Box 4K converts your smart TV screen to a more brilliant one by helping you get up to date with current usage of data and keeping a track on it while streaming. This device connected to the Internet via Wifi, supports Bluetooth 4.1 for pairing with other devices which is great. The Google Assistant on it also works well according to your expectations. The Mi Box 4K has its own remote with an in line microphone that runs on AAA batteries but they have not made the batteries available along with the package. Moreover, the remote does not have a mute button and its build quality is not satisfactory. This does create a sense of discontent but what fundamentally holds back the device is it’s lack of support for a better Dolby Vision and occasional stutters. The main positives of this gadget is the presence of 4K resolution, HDR capabilities, portability and affordability. So with an Mi Box 4K, you can say adieu to a lot of factors that have been holding you back from watching quality online content on Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, YouTube and many more !
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…