Cashify Roundup: Best Smartphones Launched In February 2020
The month of February was one of the most hectic months of the year, the technology industry witnessed some major events such as the division of sub-brands into individual brands from various companies, lots of smartphone launches and more. It becomes quite difficult to keep track of all the events happening in a month, A quick Roundup helps in keeping things in mind.
Highlights of the Story
- February Witnessed the launch of Multiple Smartphones from flagship to foldables.
- The much-awaited budget smartphone Poco X2 was announced.
- Flagship Smartphones such as Samsung S20 Series and iQOO 3 were also introduced in India.
After February, which has been a very long month for all the tech geeks, from smartphones launching every now and then, not to mention smartphones from new brands like iQOO and the race to the first 5G Smartphone and more. There are times when someone looks particularly for buying the latest smartphone, although it is not feature-packed, and with smartphones launching every now and then, it is very difficult to keep a track on them. Hence, this article will be dedicated to covering up all the biggest smartphone launches of the month.
To begin with, there was some really good value for money smartphones such as the POCO X2 that offer great specifications at a budget price, and some were top of the line premium smartphones with the Samsung Galaxy S Series. Some were the first Snapdragon 865 smartphones with 5G capabilities and some were just pure examples of innovation with foldable displays with the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip. So let’s take a round-up of all the smartphones launched in the month of February 2020 and let’s get started.
Starting off from the most hyped brand of the past few years, POCO was a sub-brand of Xiaomi which has been officially now regarded as an individual brand that also claims to take on brands as their own Redmi and more. The POCO F1 users were eagerly waiting for the upgrade and expected a flagship but it turned out to be a mid-ranger.
POCO Launched the POCO X2 in India and its the absolute best smartphone under the Rs.20,000 price bracket. To give you guys a glance, the POCO X2 sports a beautiful Display with a 120Hz refresh rate display. For us, The 120Hz refresh rate display is just an overkill over the other smartphones for the price. Coming with a gaming aspect, the POCO X2 comes with a powerful Snapdragon Chipset under the hood, which can handle all the tasks easily.
In terms of the cameras, the POCO X2 is India’s first smartphone to come with the Sony IMX686 64MP Sensor and is a complete beast. On the front, the POCO X2 has a 20MP sensor and is capable enough to take some sharp and clear photos that are pleasing to the eye.
The POCO X2 is filled up when it comes to the additional features as well, such as the accurate side-mounted fingerprint scanner, the audio output from the single bottom-firing speaker is loud and accurate, and the case is same with the 3.5mm headphone jack.
The Battery on the smartphone is a big plus, coming in at 4,500mAh battery which can be charged with a 27-watt fast wired charger via the USB Type-C port at the bottom. The phone is available in three color variants namely Allantix Blue, Maxtrix Purple and Phoenix Red.
On the RAM and memory front, the POCO X2 is available in 6 or 8GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB or up to 256GB of Internal Storage. The base variant of the POCO X2 starts at just Rs. 15,999, and for this its an absolute steal deal. To sum it up, you can consider the POCO X2 as the Best Device you could buy right now under Rs. 20,000 in India.
- 6.67-inch FHD+ IPS LCD 120Hz Display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G Chipset
- 64MP Sony IMX686 Primary + 8MP Ultra Wide + 2MP Depth + 2MP Macro Lens
- 4,500mAh Battery with 27W Fast Charging
- Pricing starts at Rs.15,999 for the 6GB+64GB Variant.
Also Read: Poco X2 Review
- 120Hz Refresh Rate Display
- India’s First 64MP Sony IMX686 Sensor
- Excellent Snapdragon 730G Chipset
- Massive 4,500mAh Battery
- IPS LCD Display, Not AMOLED
- Base Variant Comes with Only 64GB of Internal Storage
Samsung Galaxy S20 Series:
The S20 is the younger brother, and sports the smallest display, the S20+ in the middle and the Ultra sporting a gigantic display panel.
The Display on all three smartphones is complemented with a 120hz refresh rate. All the three smartphones follow Samsung’s tradition of getting an Exynos Chipset, and this time its the upgraded Exynos 990 Samsung also has killed it when it comes to cameras, the S20 and the S20+ sport a set of similar cameras where the S20 Ultra plays the game of numbers and packs in different and crazy camera modules.
Beginning with the S20, Samsung has packed in a 12MP Primary sensor a secondary 12-megapixel Ultra Wide-Angled lens + a third 64MP 3x Telephoto lens for taking zoomed shots.
The S20 Plus has a similar set of camera’s where the only difference between the S20’s and the S20+ camera module is the addition of the fourth ToF 3D sensor on the rear of the S20+.
Moving on to the S20 Ultra, Samsung has packed in a 108MP Primary Sensor, a periscope 48-megapixel Telephoto Lens that offers 10x hybrid zoom and 100X digital zoom, a 12MP Ultra-Wide angled sensor with the ToF lens on the rear. On the front, the S20 Ultra sports a massive 40MP sensor, while the other two-pack in a 10MP sensor on the front.
Next up comes the battery, Samsung has packed in a 4,000mAh on the S20, 4,500 mAh on the S20+ and a massive 5,000mAh on the S20 Ultra. All the three-run on OneUI 2.0 based on Android 10 Out of the box, Refer the table below for complete specifications.
|Galaxy S20||Galaxy S20 Plus||Galaxy S20 Ultra|
|Display||6.2-inches QHD+ 120Hz AMOLED||6.7-inches QHD+ 120Hz AMOLED||6.9-inches QHD+ 120Hz AMOLED|
|CPU||Exynos 990||Exynos 990||Exynos 990|
|GPU||Mali G77 MP11||Mali G77 MP11||Mali G77 MP11|
|Rear Cameras||12MP (Primary) + 64MP (3x Telephoto) + 12MP (UltraWide)||12MP (Primary) + 64MP (3x Telephoto) + 12MP (UltraWide) + ToF||108MP (Primary) + 48MP (10x Telephoto) + 12MP (UltraWide) + ToF|
|Charging||25W Max||25W Max||45W Max|
|UI||OneUI 2.0 Based on Android 10||OneUI 2.0 Based on Android 10||OneUI 2.0 Based on Android 10|
iQOO 3 5G:
A new rising brand that has caught everyone’s eye, Similar to Xiaomi, also separated iQOO as a different brand, and now iQOO operates as an individual entity. Going on with the launch of the first smartphone after becoming independent, iQOO launched the new iQOO 3 5G in India marketing using the term 5G.
The iQOO 3 comes with a good looking and vibrant display with a punch hole on the top right corner of the screen has support for 180Hz super touch response rate. Under the hood, this smartphone is a beast comprising the latest flagship chipset from Qualcomm, The Snapdragon 865 Chipset and UFS 3.1 Storage.
The iQOO 3 has Air Triggers as well to help while playing battle royal games like PUBG Mobile and Fortnite. Although being a gaming phone, the iQOO 3 packs in a capable quad-camera setup comprising of a primary 48MP sensor. On the front, iQOO has packed in a 16MP sensor for selfies which resides in the punch hole, the iQOO 3 has a 4,400mah battery and comes with super-fast 55W Fast Charging, but we do miss Wireless Charging here.
The other general specifications include an in-display optical fingerprint scanner, which works really well. There’s also a 3.5mm headphone jack as well. The iQOO 3 5G is available in three colors Quantum Silver, Tornado Black and Volcano Silver. On the memory and RAM Variants, the iQOO 3 is available in two RAM Variants 8GB and 12GB with 128GB or 256GB of Internal Storage.
- 6.44-inch FHD+ AMOLED Display, 180Hz Touch Response Rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Chipset
- 48MP Sony IMX586 Primary + 13MP Ultra-Wide + 13MP 2X TelephotoDepth + 2MP Depth Lens
- 4,400mAh Battery with 55W Fast Charging
- Pricing starts at Rs. 36,990 for the 8GB+128GB Variant.
- 180Hz Touch Response Rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Chipset
- 5G Support, Air Triggers
- Massive 4,400mAh Battery, 55W Fast Charging
- No High Refresh Rate Display
- Punch-Hole Interrupts.
- No Wireless Charging
Realme X50 Pro 5G:
As most of you guys might be knowing, Realme has always wanted to be the first in all segments, this was the brand which brought the first 64MP camera, and now they are India’s first smartphone brand to bring 5G capabilities to a device. Realme launched the Realme X50 Pro in India. This new device boasts a large beautiful display with a 90Hz Refresh Rate and a 180Hz Touch Response Rate. The phone runs on the Snapdragon 865 Chipset and is a beast, and we don’t think so we even need to provide a description of this chipset. The Realme X50 Pro 5G is a beast when it comes to camera specifications as well, it packs in a primary 64MP Sensor and more. On the front, The phone has a dual punch hole on the front housing the 32MP Primary and an 8MP Ultra Wide-Angled lens on the front.
The phone has an optical in-display fingerprint scanner, doesn’t have a 3.5mm headphone jack, packs in a 4,200mah battery with India’s fastest 65W Super Fast Charging Technology which can charge the phone fully in just 35minute which is crazy, isn’t it?. The Realme X50 Pro is available in two color variants- Moss Green and Rust Red come with 6/8/12GB of RAM and 128GB/256GB of Internal Storage.
- 6.44-inch FHD+ 90Hz AMOLED, 180Hz Touch Response Ratey
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Chipset
- 64MP + 8MP Ultra Wide + 12MP 2x Telephoto + 2MP Macro Lens
- 4,200mAh Battery with 65W Fast Charging
- Pricing starts at Rs.37,999 for the 6GB+128GB Variant.
Also Read: Realme X50 Pro 5G Review
- 90Hz Refresh Rate Display, 180Hz Touch Response Rate
- Snapdragon 865 Chipset
- Massive 4,200mAh Battery with 65W Fast Charging
- Ultra-Wide Camera on the Front.
- Base Variant Comes with Only 6GB of RAM
- Camera’s aren’t that good.
Samsung Galaxy M31:
An upgrade over the pre-existing Samsung Galaxy M30 which was already one of the best selling smartphones of last year as it offered great performance at a budget price, plus Samsung’s trust. The Samsung Galaxy M31 sports a 6.4-inch FHD+ Samsung’s SAMOLED Display, When it comes to the performance, Samsung has put in an old Exynos Chipset, making the device weak in this department.
The Galaxy M31 has upgraded cameras over the Galaxy M30 sporting a 64MP Primary and more. On the front, Samsung has given a 32MP Sensor for selfies. The phone has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, a 3.5mm headphone jack and a gigantic 6,000mAh battery which comes with support for 15W Fast Charging. The phone is available in two colo and only one variant Ocean Blue and Space Black which comes with 6GB RAM and 64GB of Internal Storage.
- 6.4-inch FHD+ AMOLED Display
- Exynos 9611 Chipset
- 64MP Primary + 8MP Ultra Wide + 5MP Depth + 5MP Macro Lens
- 6,000mAh Battery with 15W Fast Charging
- Pricing starts at Rs.14,999 for the 6GB+64GB Variant.
- AMOLED Display for the price.
- 64MP Primary Sensor
- Massive 6,000mAh Battery
- Exynos 9611 Chipset
- Only One Variant 6GB+64GB
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip:
One of the most exciting smartphones on this list, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is a new foldable smartphone from Samsung. The Z Flip has a 6.67-inch FHD+ AMOLED Display for the primary screen, and a 1.1inch Cover Display Under the hood, smartphone sports the Snapdragon 855 Chipset. The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip comes with only a dual rear camera setup but its quite capable and shoots some decent photos. Similar to other foldable, it has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, misses out on the 3.5mm headphone jack and more.
The battery capacity on the Z Flip measures at 3,300mAh and comes with support for 15W Fast Wired and Wireless Charging as well. To conclude, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is a smartphone made for currently the Tech Enthusiasts, and we may see foldable for the general consumers soon in the market. The phone is available in two colors Mirror Purple and Mirro Black and comes with 12GB of RAM and 256GB of Internal Storage.
- 6.7-inch FHD+ AMOLED Primary Display + 1.1-inch Cover Display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855G Chipset
- 12 Primary + 12MP Ultra Wide
- 3,300mAh Battery with 15W Fast Charging
- Pricing starts at Rs.1,09,999 in India.
- India’s First Vertically Folding Smartphone
- Dual Displays
- Impressive Specifications
- Beautiful design
- Only Dual Cameras on the Rear,
- Too Expensive for General Consumers.
So these were all the smartphones launched in the month of February 2020. There could be a lot more smartphone launches in February 2020 but most of the events/launches were postponed due to Coronavirus outbreak.
In case you are eyeing for any one of the newly launched smartphones, and are looking to sell your old smartphone, then Click here if you want to sell your old mobile phone for the best price!
- Here is the third video of our ongoing series of best smartphone deals 2020. With Amazon and Flipkart’s biggest annual sale underway, we bringing you a series of YouTube videos so you know exactly how to claim these offers and don’t miss out on the absolute best ones. In the video below, we’ll tell you…
- In this continuation of our series of the best Flipkart smartphone deals 2020, we have brought you another video explaining just how you can buy the iPhone XR for under 20,000. Flipkart has been surprising everyone this year with its massive discounts on smartphones, and with Cashify you’ll find out about all the latest and…
- As we all already know by now, Flipkart’s Big Billion Days and Amazon’s Great Indian Festival are upon us. And we all know what that means. Discounts raining everywhere! However, it can get quite confusing among so many offers that exactly what is the best smartphone deal. In order to help you solve that problem,…
- Vivo V20 is a mid-range smartphone, which is an impeccable deal from the brand and starts in India at a price of Rs.24,990.
- Your smartphone is always prone to security risk by hackers. Read and watch this to know how you can keep yourself safe.
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is a top-of-the-line flagship device and a great companion for anything and everything you can think of.
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime does make a strong contender since it has a few specs of the Note 9 series as well while arriving at a most affordable price tag.
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.