How To Check Jio Balance, Data Usage, Validity Using USSD Code & SMS
You can check the balance, data usage, and plan expiry date via SMS, call, or Jio website. Give a miss call on 1299 or dial 1800 889 9999 to check your Jio balance and validity. You can also install my Jio app or go to Jio.com to check the balance, recharge your Jio number, and avail of other services from Jio.
Highlights of the Story
- Check balance, data usage, and validity of your Jio plan using SMS service, mobile apps, Customer Care Number, and more.
- Check Jio balance on SMS by giving a missed call on 1299.
- Also, check your recharge history and invoice history on my Jio App.
Jio is the most successful and popular telecom operator in India. And they should be, the company is capturing about 36.15 per cent market share in 2021. Initially, Jio launched the 4G LTE service on September 5, 2016, they offered free unlimited data and voice calls to their subscribers. While other operators such as Airtel, Idea, Vodafone, and BSNL were charging excessively for 4G data and calls. Jio brought a revolution in the telecom sector and almost cut down the competition. This intense competition reduced the cellphone bills of customers by 70 per cent.
Now, in 2021 the lowest prepaid recharge with voice calls, data, and messages for 28 days costs Rs 199. So it becomes necessary for a user to check their balance, data usage, validity, etc., and avoid any delay in recharge to continue using the service.
Here we have listed a few methods to help Jio prepaid and postpaid plan users check Jio balance, data usage, validity, etc.
Method 1: Check Jio Balance Through SMS/Missed Call
To know your Jio balance and validity, dial 1299, the call will be automatically disconnected, and you will get a message on the number from which you requested to know the balance. You can also type MBAL to 55333, and you will get a detailed text message about your balance.
The text will include your plan, data usage, SMS usage, recharge balance, and plan expiring date.
Here are some Important SMS messages that you can save for future reference:
- BILL to 199: To know the bill amount for Jio Postpaid customers
- MYPLAN to 199: To know the current plan for Jio
- START to 1925: Activate 4G data on your SIM
- TARIFF to 191: Check Call rate
- JIO to 199: To know your Jio number
- MBAL to 55333: Check 4G data usage
- BAL to 199: Check prepaid balance and validity
Method 2: Check Jio Balance using USSD codes
To know your Jio Balance and Validity, you can dial the following USSD codes:
- *111*1*3# : Internet Balance Information
- *333#: Check Main Balance
- *333*3*1*1#: Activate Caller Tune
- *333*3*1*2#: Deactivate Caller Tune
Method 3: Check Jio Balance On Call
Dial Jio Customer care number 1800 889 9999 or 1991 from your Jio Number.
On the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) machine, you will be asked to select your preferred language such as Hindi, English, Punjabi, Kannada, and so on.
Choose a language you are comfortable with and press the respective key.
Now, the IVR machine will tell your daily Data balance and validity of the plan.
After that, you will be asked to know the recharges and plan, Current data balance and validity, ISD plan, Jio Tune, Work-from-home packs, Activate the current plan, etc. Select the respective key to know details about the various plans.
Select the current data and validity option to know the balance or if you want to know about the plan, choose the past recharges option.
Besides that, you can also get information about the various plans and offers of Jio, set a caller tune, talk to a customer care representative, and many more on call.
Method 4: Check Jio Balance On My Jio App
Many Jio users use the My Jio app to take proper control of their Jio account and track their active 4G plan, its validity and other information related to the Jio plan, for example, a user can quickly check his balance, data usage, plan validity, and latest offers. Also, Jio allows its users to generate a detailed statement of their call, messages, and internet data and locate nearby Jio stores.
Complete the registration process using your Jio number and OTP.
Now, open the app, and you will get the View Detail Option.
Click on view detail, and you will be able to see SMS balance, Data Balance, Voice Call Balance, and Plan expiry date.
Check new plans and offers, and Recharge your Jio Number on My Jio App:
Open the My Jio app and click on the Recharge button on the home screen.
Now, you will see a bunch of different Jio recharge plans to select one.
To get more information about the plan, click on the View details button to get a detailed plan overview.
Now select the plan and click on the Buy CTA button; You will be redirected to the payment gateway.
Select the payment method and proceed to pay. Once the payment is completed, you will get a confirmation message on your Jio number starting “Recharge is Successful.”
My Jio app is full of features. It is the easiest way of checking your data balance and validity. Moreover, you can connect your secondary Jio account, JioFi, JioLink and Jio Fiber account with the app. This will enable you to control your accounts and check their balance, data usage, and validity from time to time. It is also linked with other apps of Jio like the Jio TV app, Jio Saavn, Jio News, Jio Cinema, and many more. Have fun exploring those applications.
Method 5: Check Balance On Jio Website
Another easy way of checking your Jio balance and managing your Jio account is Jio.com. If you don’t want to depend only on my Jio app or other methods, you can try this convenient one.
Go to Jio official website and click on Sign In.
Select the Mobile option and enter your Jio mobile number.
You will get an OTP on your number, enter it and click on the submit button.
Now, you will see your data balance & usage and your plan details.
Click on Check Usage or View More to know the balance in detail.
Furthermore, you can check your recharge history, invoice history and get your past 6-month statement of the voice calls, data usage, and SMS by clicking on My Statement. If you want to recharge, you can compare and select a well-suited plan for you and quickly get the recharge done on your Jio number.
Also Read: Best Smartphones To Play Call Of Duty Mobile
What is the Minimum Recharge Plan on Jio to Increase Validity?
The minimum plan a Jio user has to opt for is the basic Rs. 127 plan that includes 15 days, unlimited phone calls, and 12GB of mobile data. You can even get this plan for the long term (84 Days and above) and save some amount on this tariff plan.
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…