How To Watch Any Cricket Match Series For Free On Your Phone
OTT platforms have become quite popular and with users shifting from live cricket broadcast via DTH or cable operators, users have started streaming cricket matches from their smartphones. Using apps such as Hotstar, JioTV, etc. users can stream cricket matches on their smartphone. But not all services are free, and here’s How To Watch Any Cricket Match Series For Free On Your Phone.
Table Of Contents
- 1How To Watch Any Cricket Match
Highlights of the Story
- You can live stream cricket matches on your smartphone with these OTT platforms and web interfaces.
- Most of these platforms such as Hotstar come with a subscription plan starting at Rs. 399 per year.
- Here’s How To Watch Any Cricket Match Series For Free On Your Phone
In India, cricket is not just a game but is a religion. Cricketers are not only players but gods to the general public. So when a match or series is being played, everyone just takes a pause from their busy lives and enjoys the match. But it is okay if you put a pause on things for a few minutes and not hours, so to enjoy the match on the go, you can just watch the match on your mobile devices. In this article, we will talk about some ways how to Watch Any Cricket Match for free:
How To Watch Any Cricket Match
While there are a few paid apps that provide you with live streaming of the cricket match, there are also some free ways that you can use them. Here is the list which you can use to watch an ongoing cricket match live from your smartphone.
Also Read: Top 10 Non-Chinese Smartphones Of All Time!
1. Watch Any Cricket Match on Disney+ Hotstar
Hotstar is the official broadcasting app for all sports events that are being broadcasted on any Star network. IPL and a lot of cricket tournaments are available to stream on the Hotstar app, but this is not free.
Previously Hotstar used to allow streaming of cricket matches for free with 5 minutes delay from the actual game. But from 2020, you need to buy an additional subscription to watch the game on your smartphone.
The more expensive premium prime plan is called Disney plus Hotstar premium, and it costs Rs. 1499 per year. In comparison, the less expensive VIP plan costs Rs. 399 annually and offers live telecasts of ongoing matches. If you are only planning to watch cricket live on your phone, then this is the best plan to go. Here are the steps you can follow to live stream ongoing cricket matches from Hotstar on your phone.
- Go to the Google Play Store or App Store and download the Disney+ Hotstar app on your phone.
- Then you have to choose the language you prefer, and the app will provide you with content suggestions in that language.
- Once done, you’ll now see the subscription plan options. Choose the one that suits you and tap on the CONTINUE button
- Now you need to enter your phone number, and the app will send you an OTP to verify.
- You will then be redirected to a payment gateway page
- Once you successfully complete the payment, you can now enjoy your live match on your smartphone.
How to Get Dinsey+ Hotstar Subscription for Free to Watch Any Cricket Match?
- If you are a Jio user then you can get some plans such as the Rs. 598 plan comes with a complimentary Disney Plus Hotstar subscription. You can check out all these plans on Jio’s official website here.
- If you are using a Jio Fiber broadband connection at home then you can get the bundled OTT plans that start from Rs. 999 which comes with a bundle of OTT apps that include the Disney+ Hostar subsection as well. You can get more details about these Jio Fiber plans from here.
2. JioTV App
If you have a Reliance Jio Sim card, then you can watch some sports channels like Sony Six, Jio Sports for free from your phone. Jio offers its subscribers free access to their own live-streaming app called JioTV. It contains all of the Indian TV series, Movies channels along sports channels. Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can watch cricket matches using JioTV from your phone.
- Download and install the JioTV app and Hotstar app on your phone from the app store.
- Now log in with the JioTV app using the credentials of your Jio account
- Use the search bar in-app to find the sport channel
- Click on the channel where the live match has been streaming and the match will start streaming.
Note: In case some Cricket matches are streaming on Star Sports, you need to watch these on Hotstar as these are not available in the JioTV app.
3. Airtel TV
Similar to JioTV, Airtel also offers a free Disney+ Hotstar subscription so you can enjoy free live streaming of all current ongoing series. All you have to do is find the right recharge plans which start from Rs. 401. These plans come with a complementary Disney+ Hotstar subscription. You can find more details about these plans here. With one of the plans active on your Sim card you can enjoy the whole tournament or series from your phone without paying any single penny. Here are the steps to enjoy your free match:
- Go to Google Play Store or App Store and download the Airtel TV app. Also, download and install the Hotstar app.
- Once downloaded, login to the app using your phone number and other account credentials.
- Find the sports channel where the match is being broadcasted live.
- Choose the channel, and you will now get redirected to the Hotstar app. You can enjoy the whole match via live stream from your phone only.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 30000
4. DishTV Anywhere App
In case you have a subscription to DishTV, you can watch the cricket match live for free from your mobile. All you need to do is visit the official website of DishTV and log in with your registered mobile number of yours and select the channel which is broadcasting the cricket match live.
5. Tata Play
As a Tata Sky subscriber, you can also watch any cricket match on your smartphone using the Tata Sky application. Here are the steps on how you can do this
- Download and install the Tata Sky app on your phone. Download Link for Android | iOS
- You can now log in using your registered mobile number on Tata Sky.
- Once you log in to the app, you can watch the sports channel that is streaming live cricket matches.
Also read: Smartphone reviews
6. Willow Television
You can catch all the cricket action on your mobile devices thanks to Willow TV. The finest cricket app for Android and iPhone is Willow TV. An interactive scorecard and ball-by-ball commentary are available for cricket fans to enjoy.
Using the social media sharing tool, you can let your friends and enemies know when and where you’ll be watching your favourite cricket matches. To get the full Willow TV experience, you’ll need to pay a monthly fee.
Also Read: How to Update WhatsApp Without Play Store?
7. Watch Any Cricket Match on SuperSport
Cricket enthusiasts can watch SuperSport’s coverage of the sport. In addition, superSport concentrates on a wide range of sports, including football, cricket, rugby, golf, tennis, and motorsports, throughout the world. There’s a lot more to it than meets the eye.
During a live match, you may monitor your team’s progress in real-time. You can also set a reminder to ensure that you never miss an update.
It’s necessary to have a DStv Compact, Premium, or Compact Plus Subscription to watch SuperSport’s live cricket coverage of the game. Connect to your SuperSport activity by using their Connect IDs.
- Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T…
- OxygenOS has been my favourite Android skin so far since its initial introduction in 2015. It’s been more than 6 years now and I can’t get around with the fact that it will soon be gone. By the next iteration of Android, we might not see OxygenOS, well maybe the name might still survive, but…
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.