Apple WWDC 2022: New iOS, iPad, And Everything You Need To Know
Want to know all about the OS updates for iPhone, iPad, MacBooks and other Apple devices at Apple WWDC 2022? We’ve got you covered with all the important information that you’ll have to keep in mind, before the event kicks off towards the second week of June 2022!
Table Of Contents
- 1iOS 16
- 2iPadOS 16
- 3macOS 13
Highlights of the Story
- Apple is set to unveil and discuss the new OSes for its devices, including iPhone, iPad, and MacBook.
- The event will be held between June 6 and June 10, 2022, with it being live-streamed all over the world. A limited number of people will be attending the event, keeping in mind Covid restrictions and safety protocols.
- Beta testing for the operating systems will be done in autumn 2022, with the final build releasing for users likely in September 2022.
Thinking about getting the new iPhone 14 once it releases? Unsurprisingly, this isn’t the only thing that Apple has been teasing to its legions of customers and fans. Apple has finally revealed the date for the much-awaited Worldwide Developers Conference 2022 (WWDC 2022). Apple is set to host this conference between June 6 and June 10, 2022. The event will be live-streamed so that enthusiasts can keep up with all the updates, regardless of their locations around the world. Moreover, Apple will allow a highly limited number of people to join the live event, following all the Covid safety protocols.
There are going to be multiple updates on Apple’s workings in the future. This includes the likes of iOS 16 and macOS 13. In fact, Apple will be focussing mostly on updating developers on their software workings. Bearing this in mind, let’s dive in and see what we can expect from the Apple WWDC 2022.
Yup. This is happening. Finally, Apple is set to unveil the iOS 16 to all of its iPhone users across the world. Apple’s latest operating system for its huge lineup of iPhones is likely to release around the third quarter of 2022, during autumn. If you’re a developer and have registered for the beta testing of the operating system, you’ll be able to install the latest iOS when it’s rolled out for testing. The final iOS is likely to release for users around the globe in September this year. If you’re using an older iPhone, like the iPhone 7, there’s a good chance that you’ll receive the update too.
The iPadOS has been continuously updated and refined as the years have gone by. This time, iPad owners won’t have to wait too long for the latest software update. There’s a good chance that iPadOS 16 will be announced at WWDC 2022, alongside the iOS 16. We’re expecting the iPadOS 16 to have similar features to the iOS 16. However, there might be minor tweaks to the final product to implement the entire system on a larger screen. Nonetheless, the keynote speech could be focussing more on the iOS 16.
If you’ve been using the macOS 11 Big Sur or macOS 12 Monterey for the longest time, you don’t have to wait any longer. There’s a good chance that Apple will provide updates on a completely new operating system, the macOS 13. Monterey has been a staple of Apple for the longest time and is due for an upgrade. If you’re a Mac user and have the latest MacBooks with the M1 chip, you’re definitely getting a macOS upgrade soon enough.
Since we’ve touched on the major updates, there are a few other updates that you might be interested in. Apple Watch users are also heading towards an OS update, with watchOS 9 waiting just around the corner. For the owners of the Apple Watch Series 4 or newer, this is a guaranteed update, with some major changes in store. Apple TV owners can expect a few updates too, with tvOS 16 upgrades rolling out soon enough. Lastly, if you own HomePod or HomePod Mini, you’ll be getting a completely new homeOS to go with your device.
As you can see from the above updates, Apple is going to change the experience that its ecosystem provides to its users. From the iPhone to HomePod Mini, everything is bound for upgrades on the software front. It’s a great time to own an Apple device, especially with such large-scale changes to the software ecosystem. There’s a likelihood of the iPhone 14 coming with iOS 16 out of the box too. What do you think? Are you as excited about this event as we are? Let us know in the comment section!
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…