How To Use FaceTime on Android with iOS 15
iOS 15 is now available to download, and it lets Android and Windows users join FaceTime calls. Here’s how:
Highlights of the Story
- To FaceTime anyone with an Android phone, you need to have the iOS 15 update.
- iOS 15 update is now available to comptabile devices from September 22.
- It lets Android and Windows users join FaceTime calls.
If you are an iOS or Mac user, then it is very likely that you know about FaceTime. It is certainly one of the most convenient ways to make video calls with your BFFs and family. It lets users voice and video call over the internet without actually billing the cellular service provider for network usage. However, until now it was only available for iPhone users or Apple users. Although a new update is letting Android users can join in on the fun.
Apple has it possible for people who have Android phones and Windows laptops to hop on FaceTime calls — no iPhone required. The new software update iOS 15 makes it possible for users to enjoy this feature. This new update is now available for public download from Monday, September 20, 2021. Here’s how you can test and experience this feature, simply follow the steps below:
How to start a FaceTime call with Android users
The key to this experience is the fact that the non-Apple user is in no need to download FaceTime. They can simply join in the call with a link shared by the iPhone user. The important thing is the person scheduling or starting the call has an Apple device and an Apple account. You need to be an Apple user and have downloaded iOS 15. Here’s how to get a FaceTime call started with those on Android or Windows devices.
- Open the FaceTime app on your phone.
2. Tap Create Link.
3. A screen will slide up from the bottom that says, FaceTime Link. You can click Add Name to enter a name for your chat.
4. On the same screen, you’ll see options to share the link through text, email, Twitter, calendar or other apps you have on your phone. Or, you can copy and paste the link yourself.
5. To join the call yourself, tap the name of the chat you just created, tap Join.
6. Now, when the Android or Windows user clicks the link, it will take them to a waiting room where you can allow them to join the call by tapping a check next to their name.
If you are wondering how to join a FaceTime call using Android or Windows, follow the steps below:
How to join a FaceTime call using Android or Windows:
All you need is the link sent to you by the person with an Apple device. You don’t need to download a separate app. Here’s how to join a FaceTime call through a shared link.
- Open the FaceTime link from the person sent to you via text, email or other apps.
2. The link will open in your browser (you’ll need the latest version of Chrome or Edge). Enter your name, and tap Continue.
3. The screen will say “Waiting to be let in,” until the person who invited you approves you to join the call.
Also read: Compare Mobile Phones
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…