Leaks Suggest That OnePlus Z Is Coming In July 2020
Highlights of the Story
- The OnePlus Z is hinted to debut in July,2020.
- It can be considered as a lighter version of the OnePlus 8.
- We expect the MediaTek Dimensity 1000L chipset under the hood.
With the OnePlus 8 and the OnePlus 8 Pro, rumours also hinted towards a cheaper and lighter OnePlus Z as an affordable offering from the company. But the OnePlus 8 series launch didn’t meet the expectations as we only got the OnePlus 8 and the OnePlus 8 Pro. But here’s good news, as per latest leaks it seems that OnePlus is ready to come up with the OnePlus Z soon.
According to popular tipster Max J. (@MaxJmb), the OnePlus Z launch is expected to be in July. Since the tipster had previously predicted many OnePlus launch dates accurately, the leak can be counted upon. The tweet however doesn’t suggest any accurate date but Max says that the OnePlus Z is coming in July.
The leak also gives hints regarding the device. So, there is a punch-hole display and now it is in the middle of the screen rather than on the left side like that of the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. Combining previous leaks, we assume the OnePlus Z to house a 6.4-inches display with a slightly slower 90Hz refresh rate, as compared to 120Hz on the OnePlus 8 pro. The OnePlus Z would also be the company’s first smartphone to not boast a Snapdragon chipset. Instead, we are expecting the MediaTek Dimensity 1000L under the hood. 5G connectivity will however be present just like the OnePlus 8 and the 8 Pro.
OnePlus Z renders came into sight last year, which showed a design change with the triple camera module shifting towards the top-left corner at the back. However, a similar AMOLED panel will be expected, although an FHD+ instead of QHD+.
Since Xiaomi has introduced the Mi 10 line-up which brought 5G connectivity in the mid-ranged segment, a similar move from OnePlus would be quite appealing to take over the sub-Rs 30,000 segment.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.