New WhatsApp Update Increases Group Call Limit, Now Supports Upto 8 People!
WhatsApp has released a new update for both, the Android and iPhone versions bringing an increased Group call support allowing 8 users on the same call. WhatsApp Messenger has confirmed the doubling of the number of participants allowed in a group call from the previous limit of 4. This change was first spotted in the recent beta version of WhatsApp messenger on both Android and iOS versions.
Highlights of the Story
- WhatsApp has increased the maximum number of participants in a group call to 8
- This was first spotted in a Beta release of the Android and iOS versions of the WhatsApp messenger
- This move is to help users stay connected with the whole family or group of friends according to the report
In a recent update, WhatsApp has doubled the number of maximum participants on a group call to 8 from the previous limit of 4. This was first spotted in the beta version of the WhatsApp messenger on both, the Android and iOS versions. Shortly after the Beta, the final version of this app is now released and the parent company, Facebook has officially announced the change and revealed the timeline of when the increased group call participants limit can be expected.
In a recent post on Facebook, the CEO of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg has announced the upcoming change to the WhatsApp group call limit. According to the news release
“More than 700 million daily actives users use WhatsApp and Messenger for calling. In many countries, calling has doubled since the Covid-19 outbreak began.”, wrote Zuckerberg. “To help you stay connected with your whole family and groups of friends, we’re doubling the number of people who can participate in a group video call from 4 to 8 on WhatsApp.”
In another tweet by WhatsApp’s head, Cathcart, this change will start rolling out to Android and iOS users very soon which means that the next stable update of WhatsApp will bring the updated limit of group call participants. Mark Zuckerberg also announced several new features of Facebook products in his Facebook post including the Messenger Rooms launch. The Messenger on Facebook is getting virtual rooms that will allow users of the app to communicate with up to 50 people at the same time.
This new announcement from Facebook is seen as an attempt to take on the Zoom app which has seen massive growth over the last few weeks as the world started working from home to adhere to the social distancing guidelines amidst the coronavirus outbreak. While Zoom is mainly targeted towards Businesses and professionals prior to coronavirus outbreak, it has gained immense popularity and millions of regular users who use it to connect with Family and Friends during this lockdown. Facebook hopes to get a massive chunk of these users back on their platform for their video conferencing needs, clearly, the increased group call limit on the participants is also a step in the same direction.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.