Do you stare at your computer screen the whole day? If yes, it is highly recommended that you enable the Windows 10 Dark Mode. It will make reading a lot easier for you by increasing your concentration level and decreasing eye strain.
In today’s tech era, it is almost impossible to escape various gadgets’ screens. We use laptops for work, TV to watch our favourite shows, movies, and series, and smartphones every other second in between.
It is not healthy for us as these gadgets’ blue light keeps us awake at night, and its display can be the reason for eye strain. We know all these, but still, it is not easy, and at some level, completely unrealistic to go off the grid. That’s why you can make use of Windows 10’s Dark Mode to make screen time much easier on your eyes. Whether you are using Windows 10 or 11, you can easily switch between dark and light colour themes, select accent colours, and choose where these changes will appear.
Also read: How To Give Windows 10 A Makeover To Look Like Windows 11
This article will explain how to enable Windows 10 Dark Mode to customise windows 10. If you are planning to upgrade to Windows 11, the dark mode will become even better.
Before diving deep into how to enable Windows 10 Dark Mode, let us first understand what Dark Mode is and what are the benefits of using it.
What Is Windows 10 Dark Mode?
These days, due to the constant and excessive use of computers, laptops, TV, and smartphones, we put a massive strain on our eyes. That is the reason why various companies like Windows have decided to create a dark mode colour option for their displays. This colour option incorporates muted colours like blacks and greys. Therefore, it will not damage your eyes as compared to bright colours like white.
Also read: Attention Windows Users! Here’s How To Update Windows 10 The Easiest Way
Reasons To Use Windows 10 Dark Mode
If you spend most of the time in front of a computer, TV or smartphone screen, you must know how much eye strain it puts. You can alleviate it by using the dark mode feature. Here are the reasons why you should use Windows 10 Dark Mode.
Beneficial For Eyes
Increased eye strain and blue light emission can be harmful to you. This blue light can restrain melatonin secretion, which is needed to get a good night’s sleep. Besides that, the Dark Mode can increase visibility by enabling you to use your device in low light.
Generally, dark mode devices come with AMOLED or OLED displays. Therefore, they can save energy consumption which can result in longer battery life.
Also read: This Windows 10 How To Record Screen Guide Will Make Life Easy!
Aesthetically Pleasing Graphics
In the dark mode, graphics looks punchy by providing a brand-new mysterious feeling. Graphical content like photos, dashboards, and graphs with bright colours looks more pleasing to the eyes.
How Can You Enable Windows 10 Dark Mode?
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to enable Windows 10 Dark Mode. Once you enable it, the feature you can use it for the entire user interface, for all apps or individual apps, and even for web pages.
- For that, first, you need to open the start menu. Click on the Windows icon that is located in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- After that, click on Settings. Its icon looks like a gear which is located above the power icon.
- You can even open Settings by pressing Windows + “i”.
- Now, tap on Personalisation.
- Click on the Colours tab.
- Scroll down where you will see the option – “Choose your default mode” under the Dark button. Once you select this mode, your Settings app will turn dark. However, if you want to experience the true Dark Mode, turn your desktop to the dark, too.
Here is how you can turn your desktop dark.
Also read: How to Protect Yourself From the New Windows 10 and 11 Security Bug
How To Turn On Windows 10 Dark Mode On Desktop?
To enable Windows 10 Dark Mode on the desktop, follow the below steps.
- Click on Settings -> Personalisation -> Background.
- Under the Background option, you will see the solid colour option. Select it from the drop-down menu.
- Now, select the black option from the ‘’Choose Your Background colour’’ option.
- Here you can even pick a custom colour if you don’t like the solid colour option provided by them.
Also read: How To Upgrade To Windows 11 For Free!
How Can You Enable Windows 10 Dark Mode For Individual Apps?
You can enable Windows 10 dark mode across all apps by clicking on Settings -> Personalisation -> Colours -> Turn on dark mode.
However, sometimes you only want to apply Dark Mode on a few apps or any individual app. For example, you need to enable Dark Mode for the Mail app. In such a case, you need to follow the below steps.
- First, go to the appearance settings of the app.
- Click on Settings -> Personalisation.
- Now, click on the three-dot menu located on the right of the menu bar. Then click Settings -> Appearance.
- Select the relevant mode/theme to set the dark mode. For Mail, you can select “my Windows mode” if you use Microsoft Edge; from its Appearance settings, select System default.
Also read: How To Rotate The Screen In Windows 10: Flip Screen’s Orientation
How To Enable Dark Mode In Windows 11?
If you have the latest version of the Windows operating system that is Windows 11, then also you can enable Dark Mode. To do it, you can go to Start-> click on Settings -> click on Personalisation -> then select Colours.
Once you have done it, you can scroll down where you will see the “Choose Your Mode” section. Here you can select Dark.
Also read: How To Connect Your Android Smartphone To Windows PC!
In a nutshell, when you enable Windows 10 Dark Mode, your device will use less energy, decrease eye strain for you, and graphics will look aesthetically pleasing. Now that you know how to do it on a Windows device, switch over to the darker mode and enjoy great benefits. However, if you have any queries, feel free to ask us in the comment section below.
Also read: Windows 11 Tips And Tricks That You Should Not Miss
Do you want to grab some exciting offers to sell your old mobile phone or recycle your old mobile phone? If yes, visit the Cashify store today.