New Nokia Budget Phone With A Larger Battery On The Way
Nokia 2 series, Nokia 2.3 is among the best budget phones available with big display and battery. There are talks on the new sequel of the series in the tech world since a listing was spotted.
Highlights of the Story
- A new Nokia phone has surfaced in an FCC filing.
- This new model is said to be the Nokia 2.4 phone from HMD Global.
Nokia put itself in the category of the best budget phones with Nokia 2.3. Based on the model success, HMD Global is planning to capitalize on this with a newer model. The phone is named ‘HMD Global Wolverine’ on the benchmarking site, Geekbench.
The sequel of the Nokia 2.3?
Android Authority has discovered a previously unseen TA-1270 phone on FCC filing that shows some distinct tells on a likely Nokia 2 series upgrade. There are no available pictures and specs available in the market, the model number seems consistent that to Nokia 2 series. A battery of 4380mAh is a part of the phone that brings a lot of happy users. It will have a battery life of the whole day if this is to be believed.
Also Read: The 5 Most Beautiful Nokia Phones Ever
As the old Nokia 2.3, had a 4000mAh battery, this can be a great selling point for the handset. We should not be keeping our hopes up on 5G as the filing describes it as supporting LTE at best. It is not a surprise as Nokia 2 series comes under a price bracket which will see this fast data later on.
An unofficial rumor, that (rumored) Nokia 2.4 will be seen in September alongside updates to multiple other models. It should be widely available, as there are hints of model variants (such as TA-1277) in the FCC listing.
The Geekbench listing suggests that the new Nokia phone will be powered by the MediaTek MT6762V/WB chipset, which is the MediaTek Helio P22 SoC. The listing also suggests it will run on the latest Android 10 software. Geekbench listing suggests an upgrade in the processor department for the successor Nokia 2.4. It could also see an improvement in the camera specifications.
We cannot be sure whether this “HMD Global Wolverine” will be a Nokia 2.4. But NokiaPowerUser said its sources say its Nokia 2.4. It also packs 2GB of RAM. The entry-level device achieves a modest score of 136 in the single-core test and 497 in the multi-core test.
In regards to pricing, the Nokia 2.3 was launched in India in Dec’19 starting at Rs. 8,199, and the Nokia 2.4 could see a price tag somewhere around the same range.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 10000
- 10 Tips To Keep Your Smartphone Battery Healthy
- Top 5 reasons which make the all-new Xiaomi Mi 11x Pro a flagship killer.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.